Rock Chick Regret by Kristen Ashley

Rock Chick Regret  - Kristen Ashley

Sadie Townsend is known by all as The Ice Princess and she’s worked hard to earn her reputation. Her father, a now-incarcerated Drug Lord, has kept her under his thumb her whole life and she’s learned enough from living in his world to give everyone the cold shoulder. But one inebriated night, she shows the Real Sadie to the undercover agent she knows is investigating her father, the handsome Hector Chavez, and he knows he’ll stop at nothing to have her.

Hector makes one (huge) mistake; he waits for Sadie to come to him. Tragedy strikes and Sadie’s got a choice, she can retreat behind her Ice Fortress or she can embrace the Rock Chick/Hot Bunch World. Guided by Hector, the Rock Chicks, the Hot Bunch and her new gay roommates, Buddy and Ralphie, Sadie negotiates a life out from under her father’s thumb, a life that includes poison, arson and learning how to make s’mores.

Finally the series has a hero and not a chest beating caveman.
Hector was hot, dangerous, and wild, but he was also so patient and kind with Sadie.
Sadie the heroine of the story, and I write the word "heroine" with joy for the first time while reading this series, was the toughest and the strongest woman in the world. Well, I know I'm exaggerating a little bit, but just a bit. I was constantly amazed, how she used different Sadies to cope with situations while looking for the true Sadie. Yeah, I know it sounds weird, but if you have read the book, you know what I mean, and if you haven't, then what are you waiting for.
I cried a little bit, laughed quite a lot and the two reasons why I didn't read the book in one go - I had to work and I started reading Spark of Life: A Novel of Resistance almost at the same time and of course I couldn't put it down either.
It's possible, I'm going to add something later (my thoughts are jumping like Duracell Bunnies) but at the moment I'm just glad I decided to continue with the series.